Sunday, January 27, 2013

You're Invited

By Vicky Nardone


Happy Sunday everyone!  Last night we went to see our friend +Bryan Patrick Stoyle  in Vito's Cat - a Wayword Entertainment and JB Productions film.  The movie was really good and Bryan was excellent in his part!  They're hoping to extend it to a feature film - can't wait to see more.

Another fun thing that happened today is that I was scrolling through facebook and saw that Matt's Aunt Tina got the thank you card we sent her for our Christmas gift and posted a picture of it!  She has been having a mouse problem in her apartment lately and has been posting on facebook about it quite often because she's not the biggest fan of mice, and so I couldn't resist having a bit of fun with her when I put together this card.  Plus it was a great excuse to use the new "Create A Critter" cricut cartridge that Matt got me for Christmas.  Both the "Say Cheese" phrase and the mouse pictrue are from that cartridge.  I mostly made this card using scraps of paper that I had left over from other projects so I was very proud of myself.  It's always fun to log in to facebook and see a picture of something that you sent to someone.

So today's project uses my newest purchase that I'm very excited about.  I went to Michael's yesterday to get a refill for my adhesive roller and when I got there, I found that they had ATG guns for 40% off!  I have wanted one of these since I saw Robyn using it on her My Pink Stamper YouTube Video Blog.  I actually learned about a lot of the products and techniques that I use in my scrapbooking from her blog.  I decided that since it was 40% off and I had a coupon for an extra 15% off my purchase, now was the perfect opportunity to get one.  I think I ended up getting it down from $45 original price to about $22.  It was a little bit challenging to figure out how to load the cartridge the first time, but I got it and I'm super excited about the fact that it has 36 yards worth of adhesive on one roll.

My project for today is another page in my wedding scrapbook album.  This page showcases our wedding invitation.  When we were originally looking through wedding invitations trying to decide which ones we were going to go with, I really wanted to go with something that had sunflowers on it because those were my wedding flower, but I was having trouble finding anything with a sunflower on it.  I ended up finally finding one on Zazzle.com which I believe allows people to design and post their own designs.  It was the first one that I found that both Matt and I liked and the price on them was great - cheaper than most of the other invitation websites I found.  I was a little nervous about how the quality on them was going to be, but I was really happy with how they ended up coming out. 

For this page, I really didn't end up doing too much with the cricut - just cutting out the "You're invited" phrase and it's shadow at 2 inches from the Sweethearts cartridge.  I love this cartridge.  I've used it for engagement cards and wedding cards and also a couple times in previous pages that I've made for my wedding scrapbook.  I took one copy of the invitation and two copies of the rsvp card so I could show the front and back.  I divided the page in two by using two types of paper.  I used my fancy scissors to give the black and white polka dot paper a spiky edge.  After I had used the ATG gun to attach it to the black paper, I drew a design along the edge with my gold gel pen.  I also used the edge that I had cut off on the other end to give the other edge of the black paper a border and replicated the design that I had drawn with the gold gel pen.  I accented the page with two sunflower sticker borders and some randomly placed sunflowers around the page title.  I was really happy with how it came out.  I believe that the sunflower stickers were also purchased at Michael's quite a while ago.

Here is a larger view of the page and some detail shots of it:

No comments:

Post a Comment