Monday, April 28, 2014

Memory Monday's #1 - Paper Scraping

By Vicky Nardone

Hello everyone! I know I've been missing in action for a while but I'm trying to get back into the world of blogging.  I've been thinking of how I want to change things for the past couple of weeks so I could keep up with them and I tink I've finally made some decisions.  The format I've decided to follow is Memory Mondays - posting a scrapbooking layout, technique or tip, Whatever Wednesday - this may take me a couple weeks to get going on but it will be a miscellaneous recipe, craft or thought and Smoothie Saturdays - Matt and I have become obsessed with smoothies lately and I'm going to share our favorite recipes with you.

So for today's Memory Monday I'm going to share with you paper scraping.  The layouts on this page are all from a trip to Hawaii that I took with my boyfriend at the time for his sister's wedding.  She got married in Hawaii (still one of my favorite weddings ever!) and we all took a two week trip down there  for the wedding. 

When we got back I put a scrapbook together with all the pics I took of our trip.  I ordered a bunch of pictures off of Snapfish and put the entire album together in a week.  I ended up using some techniques that I haven't done in most of my other scrapbooks so I wanted to share some of the pages with you.  In the above layout, I used paper scraping to create the look of a wave crest on the blue water paper in the background.  Paper scraping is very easy.  You can either cut or tear your paper.  I then just used an exacto knife to scrape away the top layer of the paper where the pattern was and left the white underneath.

Here's another page from the same scrapbook.  For their rehearsal dinner, they did a luau.  On this page, I cut the paper in a straight line but scraped off the edge of the paper on the triangular pieces to add some contrast between the two different papers I used.  One other thing that I did a lot for this scrapbook was hand draw letters for the titles and cut them out.  You can see that for both of the above layouts.  I made this scrapbook before I had my cricut so I didn't really have as many options for creating letters.  It takes a lot longer to get your titles but you get a unique look for your layouts.

Here is the last layout, I wanted to share in this post.  It's my least favorite out of the three but again I did a paper scrape on the edge of the pink paper to set it apart from the blue background.  I purchased a book of love quotes with transparent background.  They are sprinkled throughout the scrapbook usually with a patterned paper behind them.  Another technique I used on quite a few pages was to cut around the picture to hiligt the important parts if the picture contained a lot of dead space because it wasn't a close up.  You can see that technique used on the last two layouts.

I hope this post gave you some new ideas and I will be posting my first Smoothie Saturday recipe this coming Saturday.  Happy scrapping!

Linked up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment