Yesterday I posted about our crazy 48 Hour Film Fest weekend and how I cooked food for 30 people for various meals throughout the weekend. For dessert on Saturday night I decided to make my mom's chocolate mousse. Actually even better - I had my mom make my mom's chocolate mousse (she was helping me out with the cooking). It is delicious and easy to make in larger quantities if you're trying to serve a big group. She taught me all her secrets for making a fabulous mousse which I am now going to pass on to you!
I got two containers of fresh raspberry to go with the mousse because chocolate and raspberries are my favorite combination. Unfortunately I can't tell you whether or not the raspberries were good with the mousse because they were gone long before I got to have any mousse but I'm guessing they were good because I didn't hear any complaints.
Ingredients (serves about 8)
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 pkg (6 oz.) chocolate chips
- 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- In a microwave safe bowl mix the gelatin and sugar. Add the milk and chocolate chips.
- Microwave on medium heat until the gelatin dissolves and melts. Stir a few times while heating.
- Turn into a large bowl and add vanilla. Beat until chocolate is blended.
- Chill, stirring occasionally until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from spoon.
- Whip cream and fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into serving cups and chill until set.
Linked up to: