Saturday, July 20, 2013

Wedding Shower Scrapbook Page - Finally Done!

By Vicky Nardone


A while ago, I had posted my wedding shower scrapbook pages here and here.  I was never very happy with the second page which looked like this, because I didn't think it matched the first page very well and I also didn't think the colors worked well within it.


It's funny looking back at these pictures now too because I didn't do any editing on them and I took them with my cell phone.  Anyway, the biggest thing I didn't like about this page was how the invitation didn't fit in with the color scheme.  After much deliberation I finally decided to redo the second page to match the first one better and move the invitation to a third page, which I will share shortly.

I think it looks much better, don't you?  I was able to reuse a lot of the components of the first page but I decided to redo the pictures in color since the first page had them in color.  I am still loving the girl with the umbrella (get it, shower?) from the paper dolls teen scene cricut cartridge.  The dolls have a lot of layers but that makes them really customizable.  I also decided to put the pictures inside the sunflowers which is a bit different than any other layout I've done with the wedding scrapbook lately.

If you take a look at the original first page you will notice that when I redid the second page I added a leaf to the flower on the first page to try to bring the green into it a little bit since it was originally only yellow, blue and brown.

The third page of the shower is next to my bachelorette party layout now and the two pages color coordinate really well.  I did the third page to match the invite colors in blue, pink, green and purple.  Look for it in the next day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment