Sunday, August 18, 2013

Giraffe Birthday Card

By Vicky Nardone

Our friend Bryan had a birthday last month.  He had a party with a bunch of friends at one of our loal bars and I decided I needed to make him a card.  A giraffe card to be exact.  I had been eying this cute little guy on my Create A Critter cricut cartridge and I decided this would be the perfect time to use it.

I got my inspiration from this pin (I would link to the original page, but it seems to have been taken down from the vendor's site).  I brought it to the bar and everyone was raving about it.  One of the girls at the party couldn't seem to stop talking about how she couldn't believe I had made it!  She had also had a few drinks though.  :)

I also made one for my best friend Katie at the same time, but I don't want to post it because I haven't see her to give it to her yet and I know she reads the blog once in a while so I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Other details of this card include that I used my cuttlebug to create a texture on the orange background.  Also, behind the sentiment I used one of my favorite striped washi tapes.  I used a matching strip on the envelope to tie the card and envelope together.  Lastly, I have never been a huge proponent of stamps but I tried using one to stamp happy birthday on the card and I really liked the way it came out.  I also recently acquired some letter stamps at the scrapbooking convention that was in town earlier in the summer and I used them to stamp Bryan's initials on the envelope.  That really impressed one of his friends.  Bryan is an actor and he goes by BPS and his friend wanted to know if I had made a BPS stamp made for him.  :)

Anyway, I hope everyone has been having a wonderful Sunday.  I feel bad for my lack of posts lately but this big project I'm working on at work has been zapping my energy and by the time I get home from work at night I just feel like lying on the couch and watching mindless tv shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment