Monday, February 18, 2013

Go Wild!

By Vicky Nardone

I love mod podge!  I recently heard about it from some friends and decided it sounded like something I must try.  It's this sort of glue/sealer that you can put over pictures or magazine pages or whatever to adhere them to some kind of surface and the end result is really cool looking.  I cannot wait to post the project I made with it over the weekend because it came out soooo good, but I am going to wait a couple days because it's a present I'm sending to one of our friends in the mail and I don't want the surprise to be ruined if she reads my blog.

So today's post is about the card I'm sending with it (hopefully that wouldn't ruin the surprise too much).
The card color coordinates with the present and in fact the ribbon that you see in the corners is a carry over from the present.

To make this, I started with three sheets of paper.  The black background was cut at 4x11 and folded in half.  I then cut out the zebra striped background at 3.75x5.  Lastly the red is 3.5x4.5.
I used my AVG gun to adhere the red paper to the zebra paper and then put some ribbon around the corners.  I then fastened the whole thing to the black card.
Next, I used my Create a Critter cricut cartridge (say that 5 times fast) which is fast becoming one of my favorites to cut out the zebra at 3.5 inches.  I also cut out the Go Wild phrase from it at 1.5 inches.  I attached both to the card with my 2 way glue pen.


I'm really happy with the way this one came out!  Can't wait to send it to her.

Edit: Check out the gift I sent with this card!

Linked up on:

I Heart Nap Time

No comments:

Post a Comment