Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Liebster Award Nomination

By Vicky Nardone

Hi all,

I'm really honored to announce that Michelle from On A Wing and A Prayer nominated my blog for the Leibster Award! I really appreciate the nomination Michelle!

When not having adventures with her husband on his motorcycle, Michelle writes about crafts, recipes and natural healthcare on her blog.  Definitely make sure to check it out and become a follower.  I just love the name of her blog, don't you?





The Liebster Award takes its name from the German word meaning dearest and is an award given to a new blogger with fewer than 200 followers. There will be no trophy or embossed certificate but it is recognition from a fellow blogger that you have valuable information to be shared. And it's an excellent way to make new friends, network and get your blog noticed!

The critieria, if you should accept this award, is as follows:
  • Thank your nominator by linking back to their post
  • Answer the 11 questions posed by your nominator
  • Make a list of 11 facts about yourself
  • Nominate 5-11 up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers for this award
  • Provide a list 11 questions for your nominees to answer
  • Publish your post and contact your nominees with the good news
My 11 Questions To Answer:
  1. What is one item on your bucket list?

    One item on my bucket list is to visit Ireland.  We had an exchange student from Ireland stay with us for two summers when I was in 6th and 8th grade.  We were so close and still stay in touch through facebook but I'd love to go and visit her and her family now that we are all grown up!
  2. What is your favorite comfort food?

    My favorite comfort food would probably be chocolate chip pancakes.
  3. Cat or dog?

    If you asked me two years ago I would have said cat, but I've come over to the dog side.  I still like cats though.  We have a cat, Lily.
  4. What's your favorite quote?

    Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
  5. What is your earliest childhood memory?

    My mom leaving me in preschool the first day and me crying hysterically (it's ok, I liked preschool after that first day!)
  6. Pick 2 celebrities to be your parents.

    Steve Martin and Goldie Hawn.
  7. Who was the last person you called?

    My mom.
  8. What is on your night stand?

    A bunch of random junk
  9. What makes you smile?

    My husband and my puppies
  10. Name of your best friend

    Katie
  11. What is the inspiration behind your blog name?

    I knew I wanted to include my name in the title and it had to include another word that started with a "V" and Very Vicky just seemed appropriate because all the things that I write about are very me.


11 Random Facts Of Myself:
  1. I'm definitely a bit of a sci-fi geek.  I've seen all the Star Wars, Dr. Who, Battle Star Galactica and Eureka episodes.
  2. We have 2 dogs, a cat and five chinchillas in our household.  My favorite chinchilla is named Moo and has cow spots.
  3. I absolutely hate any type of sports - playing or watching.
  4. My favorite food is tacos with my mom's homemade taco shells.  See how to make them here.  I was surprised to see them on several other blogs recently because I thought we were the only ones to make them like that.
  5. I speak computer languages better than foreign languages.
  6. I've eaten crocodile in Florida.  My aunt paid me a dollar to do so when I was 7.  Tastes like chicken.
  7. My most embarrassing moment was falling into a fountain in the Eaton Center in Toronto when I was younger.
  8. My favorite tv shows are I Love Lucy and The Gilmore Girls.
  9. I am an only child (a bit spoiled too).
  10. I have really long fingers.  You'd think I'd be good at piano playing but not so much.  Even after 8 years of lessons.
  11. My nickname growing up from my dad was Sybil after the movie Sybil because he said I would be happy one minute and then crying the next (isn't that true for most babies?).

My Liebster Nominees:
  1. Alli at Scattered Squirrel
  2. Emilia at Decent Treasures
  3. Amy at Stow & Tell U
  4. Kim at Soliloquy of Food & Such
  5. Danielle at Peanut Life Adventures

11 Questions For My Nominees:
  1. What's your favorite post you've written on your blog?
  2. Do you have any pets?
  3. Pop or Soda?
  4. Who's your role model?
  5. If you were stranded on a desert island and could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
  6. What's your favorite board game?
  7. Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?
  8. Do you play an instrument?
  9. How many languages do you speak?
  10. How long have you known your oldest friend?
  11. What kind of car do you drive?

Thanks again for the nomination Michelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment