Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Reese's Chocolate Cupcakes


Can I make a confession?  I hate peanut butter and chocolate together.  It's one of those combinations that triggers a migraine for me.  Is anyone still reading or did I lose you all?  I know I'm probably the only person in the world that doesn't like these two things together but if you're still reading good because I'm going to share the peanut butter chocolate cupcakes I made as part of my kraft services gig over the weekend.

These were very well received by the entire cast and crew of the latest movie that Matt's been working on.  They are Matt's new favorite cupcake that I make.  He liked them even though I made them full size and with wrappers.  He's a little picky about how he likes his cupcakes - he likes to be able to just pick them up and pop them in his mouth with one bite.  Anyway, I can't personally vouch for the taste of these cupcakes but given that there were none left, I think they were a hit.  I was told the frosting was especially delicious.  Here's how you make them.  The below makes three dozen.  Modify the portions as appropriate.

Cupcake Ingredients
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2.5 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Either line your cupcake pans or grease them with spray or butter.





Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a medium size bowl and set aside.


Use a hand or stand mixer to whip the sugar, milk, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla until the ingredients are blended.

Add approximately half the dry ingredients in the wet ingredients and mix until combined.  Do the same for the second half of the dry ingredients.
Fill the cupcake liners about half full.  Bake for about 15-18 minutes until a toothpick stuck into the center comes out cleanly.


Icing
  • 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) of unsalted butter at room temperature
  • 3 cups creamy peanut butter
  • 4 cups of confectioners sugar
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 6 tablespoons heavy cream

  1. Beat the butter and peanut butter with a hand mixer or with a standing mixer until light and smooth. 
  2. Add the confectioners sugar and beat until incorporated on low speed.  Mixture will be somewhat thick.
  3. Add the vanilla and heavy cream and mix on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
  4. Pipe onto cupcakes.  You can add some reeses pieces or reeses cups on top for decoration for a special touch.
Lil\'Luna Sweet 2 Eat Baking

No comments:

Post a Comment