Sunday, June 2, 2013

Bachelor/Bachelorette Party Scrapbooking

By Vicky Nardone

Ever since my mom and I attended the scrapbooking convention a couple weeks ago I have been inspired to start working on our wedding scrapbook again.  Our one year anniversary is coming up in two weeks!  I really hadn't liked the second page I did for the bridal shower - I didn't feel like it went well with the first page I designed for it which is I think what put me off scrapbooking for a while.

I decided to move past that one for now until I got some inspiration for it and move on to my bachelor/bachelorette party page.  The inspiration for this one started from the combination of papers and colors.  I was thinking about the pictures we took that night and realized I wanted to bring in the pinks, purples and greens from the girls shirts and combine it with the more muted colors the boys were wearing.  In my head, I thought there shirts were black, but they were actually grey.  Oh well, close enough.  I found the zebra paper first and then the pink polka dot paper, which is one of my favorites.  I knew the hot green washi tape would perfectly complement the design.

I wanted to do something a bit different with the journaling on this page so I decided to do it in circles instead of squares like I often do.  I then started playing around with the design of it and came to love the idea of including all the random multi colored circles at various spots around the page.

I was also really excited to have a chance to use the jewel sheets I got from the scrapbooking convention.  I thought they added a bit of bling to the page.  I thought I had them in pink but I pretty much had every color but pink.  The washi tape underneath them I also bought from the scrapbooking convention.  I bought a set of five black and white tapes that I absolutely love!
Washi tape is fast becoming one of my new favorite thing even though I was a little late jumping on the bandwagon.  I also just finished up a two page layout for our rehearsal dinner so look for that to be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment