Saturday, May 10, 2014

Chocolate Monkey Coffee Drink - Smoothie Saturday #2

By Vicky Nardone

Ok, I can't claim this one is healthy but it is certainly delicious.  I think it tastes as good as the coffee houses like Starbucks make.  My dads got us an espresso maker for Christmas and I love it.  Matt, however, thinks the coffee is too strong to drink just plain but he loves it in this coffee drink.  Add chocolate and everything tastes better right?  If you don't have an espresso maker, you can substitute the espresso for a cup of coffee.  It won't taste as strongly of coffee but it will still be delicious!

The following makes two smoothies:

1 frozen banana
2 shots of espresso
1 cup of ice
.5 cups of water
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
2 scoops ice cream

Throw everything in the blender and blend until smooth.  One week I also tried throwing in a shot of hazelnut which was also delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment