Saturday, May 17, 2014

Strawberry Mango Peach Pineapple Smoothie - Smoothie Saturday #3

By Vicky Nardone



I have to say that this smoothie is seriously good.  It's definitely a favorite of Matt and mine.  The recipe is based on a Jamba Juice copycat recipe that I found on pinterest.  I added some of my own special touches to it though and is both healthy and delicious!  I must admit that I have tried making smoothies in the past but they always came out just average.  I think my two  tips that I have for what you need to make a great frozen smoothie are the following.  First off, a good blender is key.  Matt and I got a Ninja blender for our wedding and it's just awesome!  Matt hates when there are ice chunks in his smoothie.  I usually alternate between chop and blend on our Ninja for 2-3 minutes and the smoothie is perfectly smooth.  My second tip is to use frozen fruit.  I think one of my biggest complaints about my past smoothies were that they were always too liquidy and not as refreshing as they should be.  Using frozen fruit instead of fresh fruit gives the smoothies some extra thickness and the smoothie stays colder longer.  Too other benefits are that the frozen fruit is a lot cheaper than fresh fruit and lasts longer too and it's already cut up for you so it's ready to go in the blender with minimum prep work.



I got a big bag of mixed tropical fruit - strawberries, peaches, mangoes and pineapple to be exact which was the perfect inspiration for this smoothie.  Our local grocery store, Wegmans, has a lot of great stuff at really great prices.  I also found some really delicious mango orange peach juice that makes the perfect addition to this smoothie.  So without further ado, here is the ingredient list for this recipe.

Strawberry Mango Peach Pineapple Smoothie (makes two smoothies)
  • 2 cups of strawberry, mango, peach and pineapple cups combined
  • 1/2 cup of orange juice (I used my mango peach orange juice)
  • 1/2 cup of pineapple juice
  • 1 cup of ice
  • 1/2 cup of water
Simple and delicious!


Linked up to:
The Life of the Party
DIY Sunday Showcase
Marvelous Mondays

No comments:

Post a Comment