Thursday, February 7, 2013

Kitty Valentine

By Vicky Nardone

I have to start off this post with the gift I just got in the mail from my dad.  He had ordered a knitting book I wanted off my Amazon wish list for Christmas and it somehow never got here.  I ended up ordering it after Christmas before I found out that he had tried to send me a copy.  Just today in the mail I got this replacement gift that he picked out for me:

We love Downton Abbey and when my dad was here visiting in November we watched an episode of Downton Abbey because he and his partner Louie like it too.  Sybil was the nickname he gave me when I was a baby so this truly was the perfect gift.  It's definitely going to get a lot of wear.  I won't spoil any of this season for you if you haven't gotten to watch it yet but it's really good so far.

Tonight's project is another Valentine's day card.  This one is for my mom - we still exchange Valentine's gifts every year.

I started with a plain white card (4x5.5) and cut out a piece of patterned paper at 3x5.5 and a piece of plain pink at 2.5x5.5.
I then put the pink paper through my cuttlebug machine and did a flowers and vines pattern on it.  I stuck the pink paper to the patterned paper with my AVG gun.  I added a piece of green ribbon for some extra flair and then stuck the whole thing on the white card. 
Next, I used my Create A Critter cartridge to cut out Cat2 and accessories at 2 inches in black, grey, pattern and pink.
I attached him onto the card using a pop dot to give the card some dimensionality.
I then added the phrase UR Purrfect to the top of the card in green gel pen.  Unfortunately I didn't notice until after that it was a little crooked.
I also embellished the envelope by stamping it with a heart stamp and then tracing around it with gel pen.  I never have good luck with stamp pads - the design never fully stamps for me.  That's why I always end up going over it with gel pen.  If anyone has any recommendations on good stamp pad varieties to buy let me know.

Happy Thursday everyone.  One more day till the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment