Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Bridal Shower Scrapbook Page #2

By Vicky Nardone

So I'm not entirely happy with how this page came out.  It's bugging me that the invitation color scheme doesn't really fit in with the rest of the page.  My aunt picked out the invitations and I really love them but unfortunately everything else from that day was kind of blue, yellow and brown so that's what I went with for the page colors.

This is the second of a three page layout.  You can see page one in my post here.

What I am digging about this page though is the cool cutout from my "Paper Dolls Teen Scene" cricut cartridge.  I cut out the "rain" girl at five inches.  She's got about 6 or seven layers of different papers but this cartridge is so detailed and awesome.  I had been wanting it forever and they had such a great deal on it on Black Friday that I ordered it.

Also new from this week is the paper punch that made the shell-like design that you see on the light yellow paper at the top.  I've been curious about these paper punches and this paper punch was like 60% off at Michaels over the weekend so I decided to buy it and see what the fuss was all about.  I don't know that I'm using it right because it seems like the piece of paper has to be the exact right size to cut out the shape in it.

Here are some more detail shots of the page:

Also we are definitely adopting Marlie on Saturday.  Matt got to meet her last night and he loved her too.  He got her and Maggie to play together with a rope that we had and we got this adorable video of the two of them.
We went out and got her all kinds of supplies from Petsmart tonight.  I'm in love with the leash and collar set I picked out for her.  I'll post pictures of them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment