chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes so I figured I could make an awesome key lime cheesecake cupcake.
I ended up cutting this recipe down and only making a third of it, which yielded 18 mini cupcakes. Here is the full recipe though.
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 2/3 cups of sugar
- 2/3 cup of shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 3.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of key lime juice
If you have never used key lime juice, this was what the bottle that I got looked like:
|When I visited Key West I brought a bottle of key lime juice home with me|
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Either grease or use cupcake sleeves in a set of cupcake pans.
- In a bowl or kitchen aid mixer bowl, beat all ingredients except egg whites. When those ingredients are mixed, add the egg whites and beat everything together until every thing is well mixed.
- Spoon the batter into cupcakes tins and bake 20-25 minutes for regular size cupcakes and 10-15 minutes for mini cupcakes.
- 1.5 sticks of butter (softened)
- 1.5 packages of softened cream cheese (12 ounces)
- 1.5 cups confections sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of key lime juice
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
Mix all ingredients together using either a stand mixer or a beater. Use either a knife or a cupcake decorator to put the icing on the cupcakes.
I'm trying something new today and posting this post in a linky party. Here's the site for the linky party: