Thursday, March 14, 2013

S'mores Cupcakes

By Vicky Nardone
Our friends Mel and Andy are coming in for a visit this weekend!!  Mel recently moved to Detroit and Andy has lived in California for almost two years now.  Andy surprised Mel by showing up in Detroit on Monday and the two of them are making the drive from Detroit to Buffalo as I write this post.  In honor of their visit I thought I would whip up a batch of s'mores cupcakes.

For those of you wondering if I eat all the cupcakes I seem to be whipping up every week (see Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes and Key Lime Cheesecake Cupcakes), the answer is no.  I'll usually have a couple of them but the rest I give away to friends and family or take into work (they'll eat anything!).  I'd probably weigh 300 pounds if I did.

Anyway, I whipped up a really small batch of these (12 mini cupcakes) so increase the recipe as necessary for however many you want to make.

Cupcakes

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons butter softened
  • .5 cups milk
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • Sprinkle of cinnamon
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl using either a stand mixer or an electric beater for about 3 minutes
  3. Place into batter cups or a greased and floured muffin tin.
  4. Bake 20-25 minutes for regular sized cupcakes or 10-15 minutes for mini-cupcakes.


  
Chocolate Filling

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 3 tablespoons heavy cream
  • 1/3 cup powdered sugar
Instructions
  1. Combine all the ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl
  2. Heat for 20 seconds in the microwave.
  3. Stir together until you have a thin filling.  If the chocolate chips are not melted keep heating in 10 second increments until they are.
  4. I used my frosting gun to make a hole in the center of each cupcake and pipe the filling in.  If you don't have a frosting gun though use a straw or something small and round to create a small hole in each cupcake and the spoon in the filling.

Marshmallow Frosting

Ingredients
  • 1 stick of butter softened
  • 3/8 cup of confectioners sugar
  • 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
Instructions
  1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
  2. Use an electric beater or a stand mixer to combine until smooth.
  3. Use either a frosting gun or a knife to spread the frosting on your cupcakes.
  4. Top with a hershey's chocolate bar.








Linked up to:
Time To Sparkle Tuesday 
Keep calm and link up!
504 Main

2 comments:

  1. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. You have a super cute blog, I can't wait to read more. You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melanie! I'm excited to take a look at your blog!

    ReplyDelete